Deal or no deal: Three targets for the Thunder
A look at three potential trade targets for the Thunder:
Andris Biedrins, Golden State: Biedrins is owed $27 million over the next three seasons, including a player option for the 2013-14 season. That's a pretty penny for a player who's battled injuries the last two seasons. But just two years ago, Biedrins averaged 11.9 points (on 57.8 percent shooting) and 11.2 rebounds in just 30 minutes per game. And he's carrying a 1.2-blocked shot average for his career. Did we mention he's still just 24?
NewsOK Related Articles
Anderson Varejao, Cleveland: The Thunder recently was linked to discussions involving the Cavs' big man, who is now out for the season with a torn ankle tendon. Varejao underwent successful surgery Saturday to repair the ruptured tendon and could be back to playing ball in June. But the question is whether he's now damaged goods. Varejao will make $25.2 million over the next three seasons and has a team option at $9.8 million for 2014-15. If the Thunder is comfortable with his recovery, and that investment, it's not out of the question we hear more about Varejao.
Samuel Dalembert, Sacramento: If it's interior defense the Thunder looks to add, Dalembert fits the bill. Even in a down year in which the Kings center is averaging the fewest minutes (20.6) since his rookie season, Dalembert is still swatting 1.6 shots per game. That's .3 fewer than his career average. The issue here, however, is Dalembert is an unrestricted free agent at season's end and could be had without the Thunder giving up a thing. And he would presumably come much cheaper than the $12.2 million he's earning this season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 11753Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10515Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9760Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9740Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6752Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4200Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4065Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates