Deaths in New Jersey tied to Superstorm Sandy
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — Deaths in New Jersey linked by state and local authorities to Superstorm Sandy:
— William Sword, 61, of Princeton, killed by a tree that fell as he cleared debris from his driveway.
— Richard Everett, 54, of Randolph, and his wife Elizabeth, 48, killed, and their two sons injured, when a large tree fell on their pickup truck in Mendham.
— Joseph Godleski, 69, of South Hackensack, drowned in the Hackensack River, which overflowed its banks.
— Bobby McDuffie, 47, drowned in Newark while trying to move his car out of the way of the rising Passaic River.
— Bruce Latteri, 51, of Jefferson, died when a tree crashed into his house.
— Fletcher Fish, 77, of Hawthorne, killed when two trees crashed into his house.
— Woman from Atlantic City died of apparent heart attack while being evacuated.
— Man in Edison likely died of carbon monoxide poisoning while running a generator.
— Two sisters, 19 and 20, died of carbon monoxide poisoning in their Newark apartment building, which was being powered by a generator.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14804OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10332Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6926Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6240Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6240Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5695Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4108Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?