December departures dip at Oklahoma's airports, despite holiday
Outbound traffic decreased 1 percent at Will Rogers World Airport and more than 5 percent at Tulsa International Airport.
Also, the airport is expected to finalize plans for the consolidated rental car facility at S Meridian Avenue and SW 54, and work in the two-story garage, where hourly parking normally is located, is expected to be completed.
Tulsa International Airport's projects include completion of the main runway rehabilitation and the beginning of construction of a new rental car facility. Higgins said the airport also will move forward with plans to renovate Concourse A.
LAWTON-FORT SILL REGIONAL AIRPORT
Departing passengers at Lawton-Fort Sill Regional Airport decreased by 17.3 percent in December to 4,006.
The airport reported an 11.7 percent reduction in departures for 2012 — 54,135 compared to 61,308 in 2011.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 10710Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10389Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10187Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9807Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6458Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4074Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4073Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes