Deer Creek parents express concerns about new elementary
Parents in the Deer Creek School District met at Church of the Servant on Thursday to talk about Spring Creek Elementary School.
Another meeting set
Parents will have another chance to express concerns at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Coffee Creek Baptist Church, 1650 Coffee Creek Road. The meeting will follow the same style as Thursday's and run until 8 p.m.
“We have to look at class sizes and whether we can accommodate students at a school,” he said.
White said he hopes to accommodate most families' requests.
Another concern was whether switching schools would change what the students are learning.
Parent Katrina Shaklee said this is the second time her family has gone through moving schools, and the first experience showed that lesson plans from school to school didn't exactly match.
Elementary Director Diana Jones assured Shaklee that even though the methods might be different between classrooms, the teachers are adhering to the same curriculum and standards.
Though there was much discussion about the logistics of redistricting, little was said about which plan parents preferred.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister