Deer Creek schools will hold public forums on school redistricting
Deer Creek schools will hold public forums Thursday and Tuesday to hear comments from parents about redistricting concerns.
Mays, one of the two board members on the redistricting committee, said the process has been mainly concerned with growth and development in the area while affecting students as little as possible. Mays said there has been little feedback from parents compared to the 2009 redistricting process but said he hopes that will change with the public forums.
“We hope we find good input,” he said. “We want to seek parent input. And people want to know what things are being done. We're going to listen to feedback and if there's anything that needs to be done, we'll take it into consideration.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12879Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10775OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6990Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5542Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5510Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5081Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4971OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins