Defending champion Ferrer into final in Argentina
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) — Defending champion David Ferrer reached the finals of the Copa Claro with a 6-3, 6-2 victory Saturday over fellow Spaniard Tommy Robredo.
The fourth-ranked Ferrer will meet either fellow Nicolas Almagro of Spain or Stanislas Wawrinka of Switzerland in Sunday's final on clay at the Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club.
Ferrer won the Heineken Open last month in Auckland, New Zealand, and will aim for his second title in two months and the 20th of his career.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims