Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
This is the situation in which county officials have placed taxpayers. County Commission Chairman Ray Vaughn, a Republican, said county employees need a raise. We don't disagree, but we do find the justification rather strained. Vaughn was critical of President Barack Obama for failing to extend the payroll tax cut. We're critical of Obama for failing to address long-term problems with Social Security and Medicare as well as creating a new one with Obamacare.
Defense of Oklahoma County pay raises won't work for most
NewsOK Related Articles
Most private-sector employees won't get a pay raise because the withholding tax went back to what it was. Should government workers?
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 12879Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10775OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6990Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5542Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5510Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5081Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4971OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins