Defense on alert for No. 14 Sooners against Baylor
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — Javon Harris just couldn't wait to sneak an extra peek at the Baylor offense that caused him and the rest of Oklahoma's defense so many problems a year ago.
So, in the middle of a class early this week, Harris pulled out teammate Joseph Ibiloye's iPad and revisited the worst defensive performance in Sooners history.
Harris and No. 14 Oklahoma (6-2, 4-1 Big 12) get their long-awaited rematch Saturday against the Bears (4-4, 1-4), who are leading the nation in offense even with Robert Griffin III no longer on the roster after winning the Heisman Trophy last season.
Harris got benched during last year's 45-38 Baylor win, as Griffin's career day helped the Bears amass 616 total yards — the most ever allowed by Oklahoma.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims