Del City man accused of hitting wife in head with skateboard
Gary Cooper, 42, of Del City, is charged with assault and battery. His wife told police the couple argued after she caught him with a another woman.
A Del City man with a history of felony convictions is accused of hitting his wife in the head with a skateboard after she caught him cheating with another woman.
Gary Cooper, 42, was charged Monday in Oklahoma County District Court with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, records show.
The woman told Oklahoma City police she caught her husband of 11 years with another woman and they got into an argument, according to a probable cause affidavit.
Cooper hit the woman in the back of the head with a skateboard, “causing a laceration,” police reported.
The woman told police she sprayed her husband in the face with mace, according to the affidavit.
Cooper was arrested June 13 and booked into the Oklahoma County jail. He was released the next day, a jail worker said.
Cooper has multiple convictions in Oklahoma County dating back to 1988, mostly for drug offenses, court records show. He also has a 1988 conviction for shooting with intent to kill, records show.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in