Del City man arrested on complaint of firing a gun at police in Oklahoma City
A Del City man was arrested after a suspect and police exchanged gunfire, police say.
A man was arrested Thursday night after police said he fired a gun at an officer during a short pursuit in south Oklahoma City.
Solomon Hall, 19, of Del City, was arrested about 10:30 p.m. Thursday near SE 54 and Sunnylane.
Police were investigating burglary complaints in the 5200 block of Huddleston when an officer tried to question Hall. Hall ran from officers, police report.
A gun was fired during a foot pursuit and officers returned fire, but no one was hit, police Capt. Dexter Nelson said.
Hall is in the Oklahoma County jail on complaints of reckless conduct with a firearm and pointing a firearm, a jailer said. His bail is $5,000.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims