Delaware takes control, beats Delaware State 38-14
NEWARK, Del. (AP) — Trent Hurley passed for two touchdowns and Tim Donnelly connected for a 49-yard score on the only pass he threw to lead Delaware to a 38-14 victory against Delaware State on Saturday afternoon.
The game was delayed by lightning for 50 minutes.
The Blue Hens (2-0) opened the scoring when Ricky Tunstall intercepted Nick Elko's pass and returned it 91 yards for a touchdown. Delaware boosted the lead to 21-0 on Hurley's 14-yard touchdown pass to Michael Johnson and Hurley's 1-yard touchdown run.
Hurley ended 12-for-21 passing for 149 yards.
Delaware freshman Jerel Harrison caught two touchdown passes.
Elko, who was 35 for 50, threw two interceptions that hurt the Hornets' cause, even though they outgained Delaware (1-1) 298 to 155 yards passing.
The Blue Hens, 4-0 against Delaware State, were more efficient on third down, 7-for-13 to 7-for-17. The Blue Hens outrushed Delaware State 127 yards to 55.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims