Delta: Outdoor airport decks in Atlanta, NY's JFK
ATLANTA (AP) — Delta Air Lines is planning to open outdoor terraces with sweeping runway views for its Delta Sky Clubs members at New York's John F. Kennedy and Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson airports.
Delta officials said in a statement that the Sky Deck terraces will offer "unprecedented" airport views.
The terrace at JFK will be located in a $1.2 billion redevelopment of Terminal 4 set to open in May. In Atlanta, The Sky Deck is to open this summer adjacent to the Delta Sky Club in Atlanta's new international terminal.
Tim Mapes, Delta's senior vice president of marketing, says the airline is partnering with Architectural Digest and designer Thom Filicia to design the terraces.
Delta says the airline has opened or renovated 13 clubs across its system in the past 24 months.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M