Delta plans outdoor airport decks in Atlanta, NY
ATLANTA (AP) — Delta Air Lines plans to open the airline's first-ever outdoor airport terraces at Delta Sky Clubs in Atlanta and New York.
Delta officials said in a statement that the new outdoor terraces will offer "unprecedented" runway views at both airports.
In Atlanta, the space the airline is calling The Sky Deck is set to open this summer in the new international terminal at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
In New York, Delta plans to open a rooftop terrace at its Sky Club in the airline's new $1.2 billion expansion of Terminal 4 at John F. Kennedy International Airport, scheduled to open in May.
Tim Mapes, Delta's senior vice president of marketing, says the airline is partnering with Architectural Digest and designer Thom Filicia to design the terraces.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 85341Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16721OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12445Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11152Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9705Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9037How to help tornado victims