Deluxe Indie Craft Bazaar to showcase unique gifts from local artists
The event will be held from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday in the Centennial Building at State Fair Park in Oklahoma City.
Artisans from across Oklahoma — and beyond — will showcase handmade jewelry, gifts and more at this year's Deluxe Indie Craft Bazaar, being held Saturday at State Fair Park.
If you go
The event runs 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. inside the Centennial Building. Admission is free.
Organizer Sara Cowan said more than 80 artists have signed on to participate this year, and they come from cities in Oklahoma, as well as Austin, Texas; Portland, Ore., and Eureka Springs, Ark. They are welcoming their youngest artists ever this year, sisters who are 11 and 13 years old.
“It's one place where the people selling the items are the people who made them — that's a policy we have. All of the artists at Deluxe are representing their own work. It's great to learn the stories behind the gifts you're buying,” Cowan said.
Items for sale include visual art, original screen printed T-shirts, locally produced comics, reclaimed furniture, architectural sketches and modern jewelry.
“We work hard to find artists who create items suitable to fulfill any gift list,” Cowan said. “We don't skew too feminine or stuffy.”
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11312Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5665Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5178Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4351Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4349OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4135How to help tornado victims