Deputy is accidentally shot at Oklahoma County gun range, authorities say
An Oklahoma County deputy was accidentally shot in the leg during training Monday. The injury in not life-threatening, authorities said.
A deputy was shot in the leg while training at the Oklahoma County sheriff office's gun range Monday, a spokesman said.
Deputies were training at the gun range, 4001 N Air Depot Blvd., when a gun accidentally discharged, spokesman Mark Myers said.
The deputy was taken to a hospital with an injury that is not life-threatening, Myers said.
It was the second incident of the kind in a month.
A federal SWAT team member was accidentally shot in the leg Jan. 10 during a training exercise at Edmond's police training center, 7401 N Danforth Road, FBI spokesman Rick Rains said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12757Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9755Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9478Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6719Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4489Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4265Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates