DeRozan scores 18 as Raptors beat Real Madrid
TORONTO (AP) — DeMar DeRozan scored 18 points and John Lucas added 16 to help the Toronto Raptors beat Real Madrid 102-96 on Monday night in an ehxibition game.
Andrea Bargnani had 14 points for the Raptors, who ended the third quarter up by two before pulling away in the fourth. Amir Johnson added 12 points, scoring on several big dunks, while rookie Terrence Ross had 10 points.
Nikola Mirotic had 17 points and 12 rebounds to lead Real Madrid, which had four player who helped Spain win the silver medal at the London Olympics.
The crowd was dotted with Madrid fans who periodically broke into Spanish songs.
The Raptors were missing newcomers Kyle Lowry and Jonas Valanciunas — Lowry's debut has been put on hold because of a strained adductor muscle in his left leg, while Valanciunas is sidelined with a calf strain.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 34808Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 28627Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6992Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6680OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4639Tornadoes hit Kan., Okla.; no injuries reported
- 3921OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 3855Student shot dead during botched home invasion