Details emerge in murder of state's first openly gay candidate
The body of a slain Mississippi mayoral candidate was beaten and burned, a family member said Monday.
HuffingtonPost.com reports that a person with direct knowledge of the investigation confirmed to The Associated Press that Marco McMillian had some bruises and there were burns on at least one area of his body.
McMillian, 34, was a candidate for mayor of Clarksdale in the Mississippi Delta. He was also the first openly gay, viable candidate for public office in Mississippi.
Read the rest of this post on the original site »
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15085Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9747OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6716Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5465Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5340OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5237Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5225Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash