Details of Kevin Durant's movie emerge
Kevin Durant has taken his first step toward becoming a movie star.
The Oklahoma City Thunder forward on Monday began production on the upcoming movie in which he has a starring role. Durant confirmed his involvement this week via Twitter.
“1st day on the set of my new movie. Having a great time. This is wild babe!” Durant wrote.
Although no official announcement of the film's title and plot has been made, it appears both have trickled out through various websites.
According to imdb.com, the movie is titled “Switch.” Its director is John Whitesell. It was co-written by Eric Champnella and Jeff Farley. Whitesell has directed such films as “Malibu's Most Wanted,” “Big Momma's House 2” and “See Spot Run.” Champnella is credited for writing “Mr. 3000” and the screenplay for “Eddie,” the 1996 basketball-themed film starring Whoopi Goldberg.
The three-man lineup looks to be a dream team of sorts for what is shaping up to be a family-friendly film. Details of the film's plot appear on caballerocasting.com, which is seeking background actors for the movie.
“In a magical twist, Kevin Durant switches all of his basketball-playing skills with an enthusiastic young fan who becomes the star of his high school team … and leaving Durant and the Thunder helpless,” the website explains. “With the playoffs approaching, they need to discover what it is that brought them together before the early end to the Thunder's season.”
The film has license to use NBA property, The Oklahoman has learned, allowing such things as the Thunder's jersey, logo, arena and mascot, as well as NBA game footage to be used. Durant, however, is prohibited from being filmed in Thunder or NBA-related scenes until the NBA lockout is lifted.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 30214Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19534Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7073OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6093Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5026OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4433Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3498Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater