Detroit-area museum hosting King Day symposium
DEARBORN, Mich. (AP) — The Henry Ford museum in Dearborn is set to hold a symposium in honor of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.
Monday's event, entitled, "With Liberty and Justice for All," is being hosted in collaboration with the Michigan Department of Civil Rights.
It's to feature journalist and author Leonard Pitts Jr. as keynote speaker.
Admission to The Henry Ford is free to all guests throughout Monday, which is the day this year's federal King Day holiday is being observed.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 10959Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10925Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9866Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9099Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5228Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4380Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3947OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M