Detroit's Villanueva ejected for flagrant foul
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) — Charlie Villanueva has been ejected from Detroit's game against Sacramento for a flagrant foul in the second quarter.
Isaiah Thomas drove the lane and was knocked hard to the floor by Villanueva. Thomas then got up appeared to swing his right arm quickly at Villanueva.
Officials reviewed the play on video and ejected Villanueva. Thomas was not penalized.
Villanueva was having an impressive game with nine points. He was 3 of 5 from 3-point range.
Detroit led 58-48 at halftime on Tuesday night.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11235Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 11138Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5575Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5081Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4332OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4278Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4021How to help tornado victims