Devon CEO John Richels sworn in as U.S. citizen
Devon Energy Corp.'s John Richels took the oath of citizenship Friday to become a U.S. citizen.
Devon Energy Corp. CEO John Richels is officially a U.S. citizen after close to a decade living in Oklahoma City.
Richels and his wife, Charlotte, were among 102 people from 32 countries sworn in as U.S. citizens Friday at the federal courthouse in Oklahoma City. Both are natives of Canada.
Richels also was the guest speaker at Friday's naturalization ceremony, where participants took the oath of citizenship.
Richels, 61, joined Devon in 1998 when the Oklahoma City-based oil and natural gas company acquired Canada's Northstar Energy Corp., where he had been executive vice president and chief operating officer.
CEO in Canada
Richels served as CEO of Devon's Canadian subsidiary until he moved to Oklahoma City after being named the company's president in January 2004. He was named to Devon's board in 2007.
Richels added the title of chief executive in June 2010, succeeding Larry Nichols.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 14558OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11841Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8216Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6574Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6065Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5464Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4374Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?