Devon Energy beats estimates despite impairment charge
Devon Energy Corp. reported a third-quarter loss of $719 million, or $1.80 a share, due to an impairment charge resulting from lower natural gas prices.
“We believe the long-term growth potential of Devon's oil projects, both light sweet crude in the U.S. and heavy oil in Canada, married with an option on natural gas provided by our world-class gas resource plays, differentiates us from the other companies in our sector,” he said during Wednesday's conference call with analysts.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims