Devon Energy Center opening celebrated
Devon Energy Corp. executives on Tuesday dedicated the Devon Energy Center with an official opening featuring government and civic leaders.
“Today is a day of celebration, both for Devon and all of Oklahoma City,” Devon Executive Chairman Larry Nichols said. “We didn't want just an adequate building that would house our employees. We wanted something that our employees and the community would be proud of.”
Videoview all videos
Oct 23Devon Energy Corp. executives on Tuesday dedicated the...
Oct 23Larry Nichols, Chairman and CEO of Devon Energy, takes...
Photoview all photos
The 50-story tower and its connected rotunda and offices house 1.8 million square feet of floor space.
Gov. Mary Fallin praised Nichols and other Devon executives for completing the project despite the changing economy.
“In 2008, when we went through our economic downturn, it would have been easy for Larry Nichols and his team to sit back and say, ‘This is a tough time for our nation,'” Fallin said. “But he kept his word and kept his commitment and completed this skyscraper. He had faith in the people of Oklahoma.”
About 1,700 Devon employees work in the building.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 20729Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17578Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11978Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 8989Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8551Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8339Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments