DHS's screened out calls often followed by child deaths, near deaths
A review of the deaths or near-deaths of 82 Oklahoma children reveals the Oklahoma Department of Human Services received 430 complaints of abuse and neglect in the time leading up to and surrounding their personal tragedies, according to a draft report prepared by staff of the Oklahoma Commission on Children and Youth.
Photoview all photos
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister