Diamondbacks pick up OF Tony Campana from Cubs
PHOENIX (AP) — The Arizona Diamondbacks have acquired outfielder Tony Campana in a trade that sent right-handed pitchers Jesus Castillo and Erick Leal to the Chicago Cubs.
The 26-year-old Campana hit .264 with 30 stolen bases in 89 games with the Cubs last season. He was second in the NL with a stolen base percentage of 90.9 and was tied for third in bunt hits with eight. Campana played 184 games in two seasons with Chicago, hitting .262 with 11 RBIs and 54 steals.
Leal and Castillo are both 17-year-olds who signed as non-drafted free agents in 2011.
The Diamondbacks also placed right-hander Daniel Hudson on the 60-day disabled list. He had reconstructive elbow surgery last July.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims