Did greens suffer because they confused conservatism with fealty to business?
Timothy P. Carney
When conservatives resist government intervention, almost always a Democratic politician or liberal commentator chalks it up to “industry lobbyists” and Republican coziness with big business lobbyists.
Of course, Republicans are far too cozy with big-business lobbyists, but that coziness is just as likely to manifest itself in support for government intervention — see TARP, Medicare Part D, Export-Import Bank, ethanol subsidies, the sugar program, et cetera.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims