In March, the Womanly Woman blog at www.womanlywoman.com used various sources to put together a “50 Insane Facts About Hair” infographic. Here are some on their list:
• Each strand of hair can contain up to 14 different elements, including traces of gold.
• The anticipation of sex makes hair grow faster.
• 40-150: The number of strands of hair everybody sheds per day, unless you're bald.
• The only part of the hair that is not dead is the hair that is inside your scalp.
• In 1950, about 7 percent of women dyed their hair. Today, 75 percent of women dye their hair.
• 1 percent of people have naturally red hair; 2 percent have naturally blonde hair. Black is the most common hair color.
• Hair is the second fastest-growing tissue in the body. Only bone marrow grows more quickly.
• All of the hair follicles in a human are formed when a fetus is 5 months old.
• Gender cannot be identified by a hair strand.
• 13 days: The time it takes for any white or gray hairs to show from stress, shock or aging.
• $780: The average amount women spend yearly on styling products.
Sources used to compile the infographic include: www.ivillage.co.uk, www.lady.co.uk, www.hairboutique.com, www.cengagesites.com, www.randomhistory.com, www.howstuffworks.com
Professor Discusses 1 Tip To Match 5 Winning Numbers.