Just for fun, how about a little memory game involving stories that made the local news last week? You could have seen these on NewsOK and/or The Oklahoman. In fact, the URL after the brief hint will take you to the original item. Just click on it.
Find it here: http://tinyurl.com/m3ydc7
2. Paula Burkes reports that times and policies, as well as laws, have changed, allowing for colorful and interesting displays for workers and their businesses. So what are these items that one might see within a business and more common today than ever before?
Find it here: http://tinyurl.com/lnzwd8l
3. He carries with him a history of the streets, Juliana Keeping reports. The individual she writes about experienced some horrific incidents, some of which he admits came with the territory he was in. His story could serve as a warning to those who have any desire to follow a similar lifestyle.
Find it here: http://tinyurl.com/n7ezkou
4. It’s a family affair,
Find it here: http://tinyurl.com/kpj5l2c
5. This is a story about a champion. No doubt about his credentials. No argument about his reputation. So respected and revered that the town near where he now lives has erected a statue in his honor. Bryan Painter reports that today, years after he left the field of battle, this gladiator still looks like he could do it again.
Find it here: http://tinyurl.com/kq7gzhw
6. A place for reflection. It’s where you can meditate, think, enjoy a peaceful time, or simply … walk. Silas Allen tells readers that it’s a replica of a 13th century installation at Chartres Cathedral in France. What is it? And where is it?
Find it here: http://tinyurl.com/pj9ygyy
Find it here: http://tinyurl.com/lzfxkvv
8. You may have had to deal with them. Their work may have pleased you, or maybe it didn’t. It’s big business and there are many of them. Brianna Bailey writes that some lawmakers say the industry has need for better regulation. What is it and who are they?
Find out here: http://tinyurl.com/pt4hn42
9. Oklahoma has for many decades been a leader in at least some aspects of the oil industry. But the oil production business has its dangers, including devastating fires. Experts continuously look for and test ways to lessen these dangers. Recently, Adam Wilmoth reports, some specialized equipment was tested in Cushing that could be a big help. What was it?
Find it here: http://tinyurl.com/mplzzck
10. It was a good-sized family already, but now it’s larger and the report from Chris Casteel is that there are plenty of happy faces. So who is this well-known group and what happened to enlarge its home?
Find out here: http://tinyurl.com/mevt3od