A different kind of ‘Rudy' story: Former Clinton High basketball star Rudy Crenshaw goes from homeless to hope
WHY SPORTS MATTER — Terena “Rudy” Crenshaw became reacquainted with a lost love last summer: Sports. And through her experience in the Homeless World Cup, she's gained hope of a changed life
In February, Rudy Crenshaw was living in the stairwell of an apartment building in the Bronx. In August, the Clinton native and former Southwestern Oklahoma State and Redlands Community College point guard was in Paris representing the United States in the Homeless World Cup, a 64-nation tournament designed to use street soccer to energize homeless people to change their lives.
In the span of just one week, she ate a snail (horrible), played soccer in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower (inspirational), and appeared in a Nike commercial (just plain crazy).
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad