Dior Smiley, Chris Compton lead Douglass over Glenpool
NewsOK Related Articles
Â â€śHe (Smiley) has been in our program for awhile, and it's time for him to shine,â€ť said Alexander. â€śHe's getting an opportunity to make plays, and he's making plays.â€ť
Â Glenpool was led by senior running back Alton Adkins, who scored on runs of 66 and 63 yards, finishing with 129 yards on 11 carries. Junior quarterback Jake Ramos threw for 187 yards, completing five of eight passes.
Â After Glenpool had cut the lead to 33-28 with 1:30 remaining on a 12-yard pass from Ramos to Connor Ferrell, Douglass tried an innovate way to run out the clock.
Â On fourth down with nine second left on its own 44-yard line, Compton sprinted backward 44 yards to run out the back of the end zone for a safety with two seconds remaining. After a fair catch on the kickoff, a 68-yard pass play with several laterals ended on the Douglass 31-yard line as time expired.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister