Disaster loans available to Oklahoma residents, businesses affected by wildfires
The U.S. Small Business Administration has established outreach centers in Stillwater and Luther to help people file application for disaster assistance.
For small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, small businesses engaged in aquaculture, and most private, nonprofit organizations of any size, SBA offers Economic Injury Disaster Loans to help meet working capital needs caused by the disaster. That assistance is available regardless of whether the business suffered any property damage.
Interest rates can be as low as 1.688 percent for homeowners and renters, 3 percent for private, nonprofit organizations and 4 percent for businesses, with terms up to 30 years.
Applicants may apply online using the Electronic Loan Application at disasterloan.sba.gov/ela.
Disaster loan information and application forms are also available from SBA's Customer Service Center by calling (800) 659-2955, emailing email@example.com or visiting SBA's website at www.sba.gov/services/disasterassistance. Individuals who are deaf or hard-of-hearing may call (800) 877-8339.
The filing deadline for property damage is Nov. 30. The deadline for economic injury applications is July 1.
Weather Photo Galleriesview all
- 15155OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10481Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 7111Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6362Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6344Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5951Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4162As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in