Share “Discarded cigarette sparks apartment fire...”

Discarded cigarette sparks apartment fire in Oklahoma City

A discarded cigarette started an apartment fire in northwest Oklahoma City, displacing 17 residents Saturday afternoon, authorities said.
BY MATT DINGER mdinger@opubco.com Published: February 26, 2012
Advertisement

A discarded cigarette started a fire that displaced 17 people Saturday afternoon at an Oklahoma City apartment complex, authorities said.

About 4 p.m., a smoking air conditioning unit was reported at the Quail Lakes apartments near Memorial Road and Pennsylvania Avenue, Oklahoma City Fire Battalion Chief Steve Lumry said. Firefighters learned that a discarded cigarette on a second-story balcony burned the apartment building's wall.

Two units were damaged by fire and two others sustained smoke damage. Flames inside the walls of the building shorted electricity to additional units, Lumry said.

No injuries were reported and a damage estimate was not available Saturday.


AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    You need to check out Japan's Street View for cats right meow
  2. 2
    Oklahoma officials investigating dog-skinning case
  3. 3
    Man charged with raping, beating ex-girlfriend is named Tulsa's Most Wanted fugitive
  4. 4
    Former caregiver for foster families arrested on child porn complaints
  5. 5
    Sister Helen Prejean appeals to governor to stay convicted killer Richard Glossip's execution
+ show more

FEATURED JOBS



× Trending news Article