District 2A-8 football preview: Continuing success at Colcord
The Colcord Hornets have been to the playoffs 11 times in the last 13 years. They lost in the first round in 2009, and this year should prove more difficult.
"We must have our new faces on the offensive and defensive line develop and come on quickly," Williams said.
Salina is picked to finished fourth in the district, but if its linemen learn quickly, it could be at the top come season end.
Bigger Commerce team ready to compete
Whenever a team goes to a bigger class, coaches usually worry about one thing — size.
"We will have a bigger offensive line than usual," said Commerce coach Willie Ng. "Plus, our skill position players have speed and experience."
That's a good sign. The Tigers are returning 16 total starters, including senior Bryson Sullivan, who plays running back and safety.
Sullivan ran for more than 1,300 yards and scored 22 touchdowns total. He has received interest from Northeastern Oklahoma A&M Junior College.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 22453Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12179Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10764Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9050Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8838Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8708Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8233Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister