District 3A-1 notebook: Bridge Creek, Weatherford join some 3A regulars
Three of the top five teams from this district last year are back. Tuttle and Blanchard each made the quarterfinals last year while Anadarko had a seven-win season but just missed out on the playoffs.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Coaches poll for 3A-1
1. Tuttle (11-1)
2. Bridge Creek (10-2)*
3. Anadarko (7-3)
4. Blanchard (8-4)
5. Weatherford (12-1)*
6. Marlow (3-7)*
7. Riverside (0-10)*
Note:* Denotes new to district
The biggest additions are from different classes as Weatherford and Bridge Creek have brought even more depth to the district.
The Eagles made the semifinals in 4A and are coming off a 12-1 season, while Jerry Wallis' Bobcats feature one of the most explosive offenses in the state and have great balance in the run and pass.
The coaches were unanimous in giving Tuttle the edge while they also believe Anadarko won't be left out in the cold this season.
Warriors motivated by result
Anadarko returns 18 starters from last year's team that just missed the playoffs.
The Warriors were 3-0 in nondistrict play and 4-3 in district and didn't qualify.
The biggest piece of the puzzle is running back Sheldon Wilson.
"He's got great vision and great speed. We're definitely going to expect big things from him," coach Kent Jackson said.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 80469Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30097Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 29530Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 25550Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7945Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7267Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7260Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday