District B-3 football preview: District gets facelift; Weleetka hopes to get over the hump
District B-3 Coachesâ€™ Poll 1. Caddo* (8-3) 2. Wetumka (7-3) 3. Weleetka (6-5) 4. Gans* (7-4) 5. Dewar* (2-8) 6. Allen* (7-4) 7. Canadian* (4-3) 8. Keota* (4-6) 9. Victory Life* (5-5) 10. Cave Springs* (2-7) *Denotes new school to district (2009 record in parentheses)
Allen lost four games last season and three by a total of 10 points; a sign of inexperience in late-game situations. Junior QB Brady Caldwell is returning after an honorable mention All-State selection in 2009 and will be working hard to change that trend.
Caldwell threw for over 1800 yards and ran for 900 more last season in his first year as a starting quarterback. With more experience under center, he should put up bigger numbers.
When Allen finds itself in close games in the upcoming season, the ball will definitely be in Caldwell's hands to get the job done.
Miller time in Caddo
Caddo's Ty Miller was Mr. Everything last season, as he was named honorable mention All-State and All-District for B-2 as a sophomore.
Miller was ranked sixth in the state in receiving yards in 2009 with 1,130, and he pulled in 17 touchdowns.
He is one of the top receivers in the state entering this season, and if his numbers increase he could lead the state in receiving yards as a junior.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21771Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7615Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6773OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6490OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5293Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4032Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater