District C-2 football preview: Kyle Baze leads district-favorite Temple
District C-2 coaches' poll 1. Temple (9-2) 2. Ryan (12-1) 3. Tipton (9-3) 4. Corn Bible (5-5) 5. Mountain View-Gotebo (5-5) 6. Thackerville (5-6) 7. Cement (2-7) 8. Duke (2-8) 9. Grandfield (0-10) Note: 2009 record in parentheses
Thackerville coach Cody McCage says he has a young offense that needs to grow up in a hurry. Still, the Wildcats are coming off a playoff season in 2009 and expect to reach the postseason again.
With a strong defensive line and standout linebackers Tony Maldonado and Josh Mose, defense will be the focal point for the Wildcats. A year ago, Thackerville recorded two shutouts and held three opponents to two touchdowns or less.
Youth movement MVG
Mountain View-Gotebo returns just five starters combined from both sides of the ball, which means the Tigers will have a lot of players getting their first chance to shine this fall.
"We are going to be very inexperienced, very young in all positions," said coach Barret Richardson.
One of the few returning players with ample experience is Dakota Gatlin. The 5-9, 165-pounder is just a sophomore, but he started as a freshman at running back and linerbacker. Junior Cale Flinn and sophomore Justin Springstead are also returning starters.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14804OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10332Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6926Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6240Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6240Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5695Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4108Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?