DNA evidence retrieved in serial rape case, according to search warrants

BY DYLAN GOFORTH, Tulsa World Modified: July 7, 2014 at 1:11 pm •  Published: July 7, 2014
Advertisement
;

DNA evidence from three attacks matched the man who police say assaulted and raped women across Tulsa in June, according to search warrants filed Monday.

Police Chief Chuck Jordan said during a news conference on Thursday that Desmond La'don Campbell, 30, had been identified as the man responsible for at least seven of the eight attacks authorities believed may have been committed by the same man.

Jordan on Thursday wouldn't comment on what evidence had led them to Campbell, who remains hospitalized following a single-car crash June 29 that has left him in a coma. A police source had indicated previously the department had DNA evidence, but Jordan has long said he won't comment publicly on whether DNA has been recovered in any criminal case, believing that such knowledge could contaminate the jury pool.

Read the full story at TulsaWorld.com.


NewsOK.com has disabled the comments for this article.