Doctor, Oklahoma Health Department warn of West Nile spike
State numbers show 14 confirmed West Nile cases; doctor reports many more.
State health officials on Friday said they expect to see a spike in cases of the West Nile virus, while one doctor said the uptick in cases at local hospitals is reminiscent of 2007, when the virus was at its worst in Oklahoma.
The state Health Department’s most recent official West Nile report showed 14 cases confirmed statewide as of July 27.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims