Dollar mixed in light trading
NEW YORK (AP) — The dollar was mixed against other major currencies in light trading ahead of the Christmas holiday.
The stock market closed at 1 p.m. Monday, and many currency traders have taken the day off. The stock market will be closed Tuesday for Christmas and reopen Wednesday.
The euro rose to $1.3192 in late trading Monday from $1.3176 late Friday.
The British pound fell to $1.6121 from $1.6160.
The dollar rose to 84.86 Japanese yen from 84.23 Japanese yen.
The dollar slipped to 0.9154 Swiss franc from 0.9168 Swiss franc and to 99.24 Canadian cents from 99.41 Canadian cents.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort