Dolphins sign rookie RB Miller
MIAMI (AP) — The Miami Dolphins have signed running back Lamar Miller, their fourth-round draft pick.
A local player from the University of Miami, Miller was chosen 97th overall in April. A two-year letterman and one-year starter with the Hurricanes, Miller played in 23 career games with 13 starts. He gained 1,918 yards rushing with 15 touchdowns and caught 28 passes for 181 yards and one score.
Miller also is expected to contribute on special teams. In college, he had 15 kickoff returns 376 yards (25.1 average) and one touchdown.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims