'Don't act like an Okie': A Minneapolis columnist's advice to Timberwolves fans if their team ever makes the playoffs again
COMMENTARY — A columnist in Minneapolis thinks the conduct of the Oklahoma City Thunder and its fans provide an example of what not to do in the NBA Playoffs.
The Timberwolves teased us this winter, threatening for months to qualify for a mysterious tournament of undecipherable origins that people in other cities call "the postseason.''
Videoview all videos
May 24A judge set bail at $160,000 for Avery Myers, a teen...
May 23Kevin Durant and the Thunder face a steep challenge in...
May 23A judge has ordered the released of one of the man...
Photoview all 8 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
After watching the Oklahoma City Thunder eliminate the Los Angeles Lakrers on Monday night, we now know how not to act if the NBA playoffs ever return to Target Center.
In short, don't act like an Okie.
Clip and save these rules of postseason behavior, just in case the Timberwolves become worthy of Charles Barkley's creative conjugation of the verb "trrible.''
1. Dress yourself: You might think it's cute when the local team lays monochromatic T-shirts on your seat, so you can all look identical on TV, but you wind up looking like a class of first-graders whose parents enrolled you in a school requiring uniforms so they don't have to fight with you about clothes at 6 every morning.
It's bad enough for a middle-aged male with a beer gut to wear an ironic Troy Hudson jersey. It's worse when you wear clothes provided by someone you don't know.
Be adults, not sheep. Wear your own clothes.
Read the rest of Souhan's column here: StarTribune.com
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9606Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad