Dr. Krista Jones is named citizen of the year by Edmond Area Chamber of Commerce
Dr. Krista Jones is named citizen of the year by the Edmond Area Chamber of Commerce. The chamber also named city councilwoman Victoria Caldwellas woman of the year.
EDMOND — Edmond dentist Krista Jones has been named 2012 Citizen of the Year by the Edmond Area Chamber of Commerce.
She was presented the trophy by last year's winner, Andy Lester, with the law firm of Lester, Loving and Davies.
Jones was named citizen of the year for her service and contributions to the state and community.
City Councilwoman Victoria Caldwell was named Coppermark Bank Woman of the Year during the chamber's 2012 awards banquet, selected for her outstanding contributions to the Edmond community.
She has served in leadership roles on the Edmond Board of Realtors and Oklahoma City Metropolitan Association of Realtors and served as president of the Oklahoma Association of Realtors.
Parkway Cleaners was chosen as the Small Business of the Year. This is the 11th year for the award to be presented to businesses that contribute to the economy and community.
Angie Johnson, of Coppermark Bank, was the winner of the Tayo Fichtl Young Professional Award, presented to a young professional who demonstrates leadership, provides valuable service to their business or profession and gives back to their community.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12287Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11384Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6956Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6508Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4900Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4357OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3734Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law