Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 69024Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31222Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 29103Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19272Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6654Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6511Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 5366Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 5240Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 4922Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 4912Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Dress up your OKC Thunder outfit with high heels
BY LILLIE-BETH BRINKMAN Assistant Features Editor email@example.com | Published: June 11, 2012 | Modified: June 11, 2012 at 1:42 pm
Dress up your outfit to the National Basketball Association finals at the OKC Thunder game this week with the league's latest official offering: two different pairs of high heels with team's logo stretched across it.
One pair has a 6.5-inch heel, sparkles in Middle Eastern crystals and retails for about $250. The other pair has a lower heel — about 4.5 inches — and has the OKC Thunder logo designed in micro-suede. That design retails for about $100. Both styles are available for all 30 NBA teams, too.
“We're really excited about the launch and we're really hoping that the female fan is as excited as we are,” said Lisa Piken, vice president of licensing for the NBA, in a phone interview on Friday.
HERSTAR, the women's fashion footwear and apparel company, designed the shoes and approached the NBA about licensing the team logo heels.
“It was something we had never seen before,” Piken said. “Our women's fans are really fashionable and it made sense to partner with (HERSTAR).”
Piken said most of the NBA-licensed shoes are sporty basketball shoes; the HERSTAR shoes are the NBA's first official high heels. She added that she'd love to see this partnership evolve to include other styles for women. Currently, the NBA has licensing agreements with other companies for a full range of jewelry for women from inexpensive pieces to a $10,000 diamond necklace, as well as purses.