Drive-by shooting reported in southeast Oklahoma City
Police are looking for three black males after a drive-by shooting in southeast Oklahoma City.
Police were looking for three black males after a drive-by shooting in southeast Oklahoma City. No one was injured in the shooting that disrupted a porch gathering in the neighborhood Sunday evening.
About 6:15 p.m., a woman who lives at 5105 Gaines Street told police she and a group were in front of her home when a black 2000 Hyundai sport utility vehicle ran a stop sign and the front passenger fired shots from the vehicle as it passed the house, according to the police report.
The woman said she ran to her vehicle when the shots rang out and tried to chase the SUV before realizing her tire had been shot. The mirror and gas cap of the vehicle were also struck by bullets, according to the report.
The front passenger window of another vehicle at the home was broken by a bullet which appears to have ricocheted before striking the car.
Another witness at the scene said she noticed the vehicle pass the house about five times every 20 to 30 minutes before the shooting.
Witnesses said the occupants of the car appeared to be about 17 or 18 years old. One person told police one of the suspects had a red string in his hair, according to the report.
While interviewing witnesses, the officer told the parents of several children at the home to keep them out of the street and away from the crime scene, but the children picked up casings in the street before they were secured for evidence, the report states.
No arrests have been made in the incident.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10394Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9157Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5761Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4888Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4371Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4162How to help tornado victims
- 4108Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley