Driver sought in deadly hit-and-run accident in Oklahoma City
The crash was near N MacArthur Boulevard and NW 10.
A bicyclist was struck and killed by a vehicle early Wednesday, and police are searching for the driver who fled the scene.
About 2:50 a.m., Joseph Edward Helmka, 58, of Oklahoma City, was struck in the southbound lanes of N MacArthur Boulevard near NW 10, Master Sgt. Gary Knight said. Helmka died at a local hospital.
Videoview all videos
Feb 6Bicyclist killed overnight in northwest Oklahoma City
It is not known who the driver of the vehicle is, Knight said.
The conditions were extremely foggy, and the driver did not stop, he said.
Anyone with information can call Crime Stoppers at 235-7300.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 31040Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15616Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10323Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9726Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9655Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8284Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8255Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena