Duchess of Cambridge cancels premiere visit
LONDON (AP) — The former Kate Middleton has cancelled a planned appearance at the U.K. premiere of "The Hobbit" due to acute morning sickness.
Palace officials said Tuesday Prince William's wife, now known as the Duchess of Cambridge, will continue to rest rather than go to the show.
William still plans to go to the premiere.
Middleton has cancelled all public engagements since her brief hospitalization last week for severe nausea and dehydration. She is suffering from a condition known as hyperemesis gravidarum that causes sustained nausea and discomfort.
Her pregnancy is still in early stages.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 97533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13957Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9425Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8660Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 8311OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 7700How to help tornado victims
- 7421Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges