Duke coach: Mellencamp's son practicing with team

Published on NewsOK Modified: August 22, 2013 at 1:32 pm •  Published: August 22, 2013
Advertisement
;

DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — Duke coach David Cutcliffe says walk-on Hud Mellencamp will continue to practice with the football team while he deals with felony battery charges in Indiana.

Cutcliffe said Thursday the son of rocker John Mellencamp will remain active in practice and "we'll let the legal due process occur."

Hud Mellencamp, 19, is charged with punching and kicking a 19-year-old man last month.

Monroe County (Ind.) authorities say Mellencamp's younger brother, 18-year-old Speck Mellencamp, entered the porch of a man's home in Bloomington, Ind., and punched him in the face, believing that man had hit him earlier that evening.

Court documents say the brothers and another 19-year-old man "punched, kicked and stomped" the man who suffered facial injuries.

Hud Mellencamp surrendered for arrest earlier this week and was released on bond.


by David Morris
Director of Video
Dave Morris serves as Director of Video at OPUBCO, where he's worked since 1996. Morris spent two years as a sports reporter for The Oklahoman before transitioning to online efforts. He has 15 years of digital management with Oklahoman.com and...
+ show more


Trending Now


AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    News 9: Greer County Authorities Looking For Escaped Inmate
  2. 2
    Oklahoma State's Justin Gilbert signs his rookie contract with the Cleveland Browns
  3. 3
    Kevin Durant asks for your basketball videos in Summer is Serious 2
  4. 4
    Big 12 basketball: Time, TV listing announced for Sooners' December game against Washington
  5. 5
    Lawsuit: 'Duck Dynasty' stole 'camo' idea
+ show more