Duke vs. No. 25 Stanford Capsule
Duke (1-0) at No. 25 Stanford (1-0) 10:30 p.m. (Pac-12 Network)
Line: Stanford by 15
Series Record: Stanford leads 2-1
WHAT'S AT STAKE
Stanford seeks to avoid another slip after squeaking out a 20-17 win over San Jose State in the opener and tune up for a showdown against No. 2 Southern California next week. Duke is going for its first road victory over a ranked team since 1971, when the Blue Devils beat Stanford 9-3.
Duke's run defense against Stanford's running game. It's no secret that San Jose State stayed close with Stanford because it slowed the Cardinal running game and forced new quarterback Josh Nunes to throw. The Cardinal were 2 for 13 on third downs. If the Blue Devils could force Nunes into third-and-long situations, there's no telling what could happen without Andrew Luck around anymore.
PLAYERS TO WATCH
Stanford: LB Shayne Skov. The senior linebacker, who led the Cardinal with 84 tackles to go with 7 1/2 sacks two years ago, makes his return after a left knee injury in the third game at Arizona sidelined him for all of last season. He also served a one-game suspension against San Jose State for a DUI arrest.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13704Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13572OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9488Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7226Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6986Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5704Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5041Student shot dead during botched home invasion