Duke's Chelsea Gray injures right knee in Wake win
DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — Duke coach Joanne P. McCallie says point guard Chelsea Gray will miss the rest of the regular season with a right knee injury.
Speaking after the fifth-ranked Blue Devils' 81-70 win over Wake Forest on Sunday, McCallie said Gray suffered a dislocation.
The coach says an MRI is scheduled and if there are no torn ligaments or other complications, it's possible Gray could return for the postseason.
Gray was hurt with 8:07 left in the first half of Sunday's game. She screamed and grabbed her right knee as she collapsed to the court and Cameron Indoor Stadium went silent.
Gray averages 13 points and leads the Atlantic Coast Conference with averages of 5.6 assists and 3.7 steals for the first-place Blue Devils (23-1, 13-0).
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
COLLEGE BASKETBALL VIDEOS
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister