Share “Dunkin' Donuts patron sounds carbon...”

Dunkin' Donuts patron sounds carbon monoxide alarm

Published on NewsOK Modified: June 1, 2014 at 2:54 pm •  Published: June 1, 2014
Advertisement

CARLE PLACE, N.Y. (AP) — A Dunkin' Donuts customer looking for a morning cup of coffee was in the right place at the right time with the right equipment.

Authorities say an ambulance technician wearing a carbon monoxide detector entered the store in Carle Place, New York, at around 4 a.m. Friday.

The tech's detector went off, indicating high levels of the poisonous gas.

The technician hustled the employees out of the fast-food joint and notified authorities. An investigation found a vent in one of the ovens was the problem.

Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless, and prolonged exposure can be fatal.